First visit to the Japanese Garden...

First visit to the Japanese Garden...
Mommy and Me!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11

When I used to be a SAHM (stay-at-home mom) I had days where I got stuck on what to teach my two young children.  I needed some kind of beginning or inspiration to get me going.  Trust me, I drink plenty of coffee, but when there was no adult interaction I needed a bit of an "a-ha" moment.  Well, that happened today in class with my 21 beautiful friends (students).  We were doing our daily job board and when the calendar date was shown I was so excited (when I realized it) that today's date reads 1-11-11.  I always abbreviate the date on the board so that the older friends can write the date next to their name on their art work.  Today's discovery gave me so much energy- we missed 15 minutes of playground time!  Don't worry, we did make up for it later...the beauty of Montessori.  My friends were amazed that this date will never happen again in their lifetime.  Remember to look at the little clues in life....I know big and valuable lessons naturally appear as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment